cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageClass MF8380cdw Cassette Feeder Error w/ Paper Size

hoodoo1918
Apprentice

When I print documents two sided on letter (8.5"x11") from the cassette feeder the first page come out fine but usually by the second or third page I get an error mentioning a paper jam or incorrect paper size. This only occurs with the cassette and only with two sided printing, and only recently.

For the paper jam error there is often a sheet of paper just starting to be pulled into the feeder but it is never crinkled/jammed. The error occurs as the printer is reversing a sheet (with one side printed) of paper back in from where it deposits finished documents. An error message appears and the sheet that was about to have its reverse side printed on is ejected without any backside printing. I printed a 10 page (5 sheet) job one page at a time as the error occured on the second page and used 9 sheets because of unsuable half printed pages and the 'paper jam error'

The incorrect paper size error is the same except there is no paper in the feeder to be removed. 

I suspect the rolling mechanism that is used when duplex printing is failing or has become dirty but am unsure how to deal with the issue. Currently I print from the multifunction tray without issue but it hold much less paper and is not a long term solution.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements