cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageClass MF 654 error codes 99, 852, 853

Gundam29
Apprentice

Hello.   When my mother tries to print using her MacBook Pro (OS Ventura 13.6.6), the following error messages: 99, 852, 853.   Her print jobs are in a waiting loop and eventually disappear.   I have to print off her stuff with my Windows 11 laptop.   

What do error codes 99, 852, and 853 mean and how can I fix them?   TIA.

5 REPLIES 5

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

I don't have access to failure codes, so a call to Canon Support would be worth the time to see what the agents can come up with.

There is the possibility that the codes might be found with a Google search, but that is just a guess. 🤔

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

These errors are related to communication.  Jobs stuck in the print queue, etc.  

Please share the following information with us:

What is the printer connected to?  How does it communicate with the MAC running 13.6.6?  

Which drivers were installed for it?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for responding.

It is connected to our home's wireless network because there are no printer cable connectors for this model.    I would have to check the name of the software driver I installed into her MacBook Pro.

I ended up calling Canon Customer Service.   They gave me some instructions on how to fix it.   Thanks for your help.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It would be helpful for others if you could share the resolution.

Thank you,

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements