cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageClass LBP6030w Error "printer driver was not installed" on win 8.1

robag
Apprentice

On 3 Windows 8.1 machines I am unable to install the print drivers for the imageClass LBP6030w. I receive the error message "Printer driver was not installed" "The system cannot read from the specified device". Can someone please help me resolve this?

Cannon Error.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

Patrice
Whiz

Hi robag.

I will be glad to assist you.

So that I can better assist you, I would like to ask  few questions.

1.  Are you connecting the printer wirelessly, or directly to the computer via a USB cable?

2.  Have you installed the drivers from the disk or the Canon USA website before adding the printer?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrice,

1. Wirelessly

2. I installed the drivers from Canon USA website.

Thanks,

Rob

Thank you for your reply Robag.

When you installed the drivers, were you able to access the MF Drivers Setup program or did you click "Run" and the window disappeared?

I look  look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I clicked Run and when I did, the Print Driver was not installed message is what I get.

I was able to locate the original disc and use the setup with success. This tells me 2 things. 1) is that the downloadable drivers from your website are a problem and 2) the ability to install the drivers natively into Windows 8.1 is also flawed.

Thanks,

Rob

Announcements