cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF743Cdw Prints Large Gray V

PbJ
Apprentice

My MF743cdw prints a large solid Gray, V shape 1/3rd the page size also.  Occurs almost every day after I have been printing even small number of items.  It has no writing on it to say any purpose.  I would like to know how to turn it off or find out if it is necessary as it uses toner.  I use wifi connection with my MAC mini.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We shooters call that a chevron.

shadowsports_0-1642570559846.png

On the printer...  

Thats automatic cleaning of the fixing assembly.  It can be turned off if you like.

Paper with a Large Arrow Is Output that Was Not Set to Be Printed (manual.canon)

Cheers,

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We shooters call that a chevron.

shadowsports_0-1642570559846.png

On the printer...  

Thats automatic cleaning of the fixing assembly.  It can be turned off if you like.

Paper with a Large Arrow Is Output that Was Not Set to Be Printed (manual.canon)

Cheers,

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Pbj,

The page with the V is part of the auto fixing assembly cleaning. It is turned on to make sure the prints smudge free. You can disable it if you like and then you can perform cleanings only when smudges appear in your prints. You can change the setting and check how to perform a cleaning using the link HERE.

Announcements