cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF743Cdw Mac Says "Connecting to Printer" and Freezes

dchrisman
Apprentice

My mf743c does not want to print from my mac connected via USB.  I checked for updated driver, updated printer firmware, on BigSur 11.1 OS.  Dialog box says connecting to printer and freezes.  I've reset mac printing system following apple instructions.  Can print from iphone or ipad via canon business print app without issue, will also scan to mac via image capture without issue.

2 REPLIES 2

dchrisman
Apprentice

Update, scanning from system preferences/open scanner produces the same result...connecting to scanner and freezes in dialog box.  Still scans fine using image capture

Hello Dchrisman,

If you are able to scan from one program but not the other, it will usually point to security software blocking the software or a service/program on your computer has stopped responding. In that situation you can try restarting the Mac to see if the other program starts to respond. If it does not, you can try turning off any security software running on the computer.

If the scanner still does not work from printers and scanners and the Mac freezes when you try to add the printer, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what is going on when the Mac tries to add the printer 

Announcements