Apprentice

I have MF731C/733C printer, which is configured with following settings

SMTP port: 587

SMTP Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com

Email: xxx@msn.com

Use SMTP Auth is enabled

User Name: xxx@msn.com

Use TLS for SMTP is enabled

I have tried changing the port number, re-entered password (after confirming the password. there's no MFA on this account). It was working fine last week. Something must have changed. Please help!

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Error #839 is incorrect username or password for SMTP authentication

The last time I checked, this printer does not support modern authentication.  I recommend you create an app password and use that.

Microsoft recommends it. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/office/pop-imap-and-smtp-settings-for-outlook-com-d088b986-291d-...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that. I must mention that I've been running like this for last 5 years without problems. So something must have changed. 

jaisingh
Apprentice

I tried with app password. Same error code 😞

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Good Morning , 

Are you familiar with how to test email using the telnet command from a command prompt.

The first thing you need to do is make it make sure that IMAP and pop are enabled on the account. 

Now create the app password and enter this information into the printers. UI.  There's a test button near the top of the screen. 

You can also use telnet. 

Try changing the port to 993.  I'm using Gmail. I tested it 2 days ago.  Working normally. I expect MSN, Outlook or 365 to work as well.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements