cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF726Cdw Scan Issue with multiple aspects

gerrell
Apprentice

Hi all, 

I am having some issues in regards to a scanner on a device (MF 726CDW) To explain everything and not leave detail out:

The Printer presents itself as Canon MF720 via PC. The name on the actual printer is written as MF726CDW.The issue I am having is that when trying to scan from the printer/scanner (Top Area not the area you have to lift on the printer to scan one page only) The scanner reads the first page and then starts the second page, but when the page is halfway through, the page gets pulled back up, then pushed through. The TXT document count never goes 1, and the scanning stops. The device asks me to pick a destination again, and the scanner begins scanning the first page, and then the second page does the same halfway movement. Leading to the scanner to stop, and ask for destination over and over. The scanner is not sending the first page to the location address selected. The addresses are confirmed to be working properly by other printing devices we have. I have also made sure to try different locations to make sure it was not the folders we were selecting. 

I have also tried to install the scanner update provided by the site, with no luck, I downloaded it, gave it access to update and change. It gave me a update complete, I restarted personal device and still not working. The app is downloaded as well, and I have downloaded the software as well to use the app in regard to this specific Printer device and the app is not allowing for me to scan or print or do anything besides when clicking on the printer, to use the Windows OS, software download, support, or UI interface.

Anything helps, if you guys have a solution Id be very thankful if you share it.

Thanks Gerrell

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Gerrell,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What are you selecting for the destination? Is it a network folder, email address, specific PC?
  3. Are you able to scan by using the MF scan utility on the computer?
Announcements