cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Scan quality on MF726CDW

JimK1
Contributor

I have an MF726CDW. Scanning quality in Black and White is poor but color scanning is fine. The scanned B&W image (PDF file) is not crisp, rather washed out. However, the copy function is fine - B&W copies are just about identical to the originals. Is there an adjustment for this?

3 REPLIES 3

JimK1
Contributor

I should add that this problem developed recently. The B&W scanning was just fine for the first few years that I had this printer. I'm wondering if something changed with the process of creating the PDF files.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello JimK1,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What program are you canning from?
  3. Would you be able to attach a sample image of the issue?

Hector,  Thank you for your help.

I am using Windows 10. To scan, I chose the SCAN option from the touch screen on the printer and select COMPUTER scan, then Black & White Scan.  I have a sample Pdf file, but I don't see a way to attach it here for you to evaluate. I tried "Insert Photo" but it would not accept the pdf file format.

Announcements