cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF656Cdw Serial number not accepted for registration

kahirsch
Contributor

I just took delivery of a new ImageClass MF656cdw. I went online to register it, having doe this without difficulty for three prior Canon printers. The onlinbe registration system refused to recognize the serial number. Yes, I carefully double-checked the 3-letter+5-numeric serial number. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If the printer was purchased from an authorized Canon reseller, call Support and open a case.  They can help you resolve and get your device registered.  

Canon Support
1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If the printer was purchased from an authorized Canon reseller, call Support and open a case.  They can help you resolve and get your device registered.  

Canon Support
1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi There, I got the same issue and right now on hold for the 2nd time.  First time, the customer service rep tried to enter information manually, but said "it won't take it"...duh.  I'm on hold with Printer support, hopefully, listening to awful classical elevator music....not at all therapeutic.  Hope somebody can help of this thing is going back to Amazon.  It was shipped from Canon USA to Amazon, then me; so, why do the serial numbers not work?  You seem to have a lot of those entries in the community.

Spoke with Customer Service; all fixed.  Thanks for the information above.

kahirsch
Contributor

Many thanks - issue resolved, though the rep initially also had difficulty!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Wonderful, glad to hear it. The reps are always very helpful.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements