cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF643Cdw How to set scanning resolution

thowa
Apprentice

How do I set the scanner resolution for emailing PDF?

I can only find settings for "density", "sharpness", and "file size". But it is not clear, what these settings actually do and there is no significant change visible when I adjust those settings.

I would much rather set a scanner resultion and compression level manually instead of murky "adjust quality" settings where I don'T know what they actually do...

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you tell us what operating system you are using the printer with (version and build), what drivers you installed and what application you are printing from? MF scan utility, ScanGear, etc.  A screen shot of what you are seeing might be helpful.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I am looking for "scan PDF to email" resolution and compression settings in the printer (display interface or web interface). Not sure, how the PC OS, scan/printer driver, application used, or "where I want to PRINT from" are relevant for that.

Printer is "ImageClass MF643CDW" (I cannot find any details on firmware version)

PC OS is: Windows 11 Version 23H2 OS Build 22631.4169

Announcements