cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF642Cdw can scan but can't print after power outage

jw38
Apprentice

Last evening we experienced a brief power outage of less than two minutes.  Today when I sent a document to be printed nothing happened.  My computer is running Wondows 10, 64-bit.  For some reason the network status showed 198.168.1.2 while the port address attached to the printer listed 198.168.1.7.  I changed the IP address from the printer control panel and i can scan from my computer, but I still can't print.  The Windows printer diagnostics reports that IP address 198.168.1.7 is not responding. The driver is Canon Generic Plus UFR II V120.  Please help!

John

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jw38,

If you had a power outage and the computer can no longer see the printer after an address, you can try removing the connections for the printer and then reinstalling the driver. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in control printers and click OK. In the window that comes up, you can right click on any connections for the printer and then you can select the option to remove the device. 

After removing the connections for the printer, you can go to our site using the link provided HERE and then you can download and install the recommended driver. The setup will search the network for the printer and then add a new connections. Once the setup is complete, you can try a print to test the connection.

Announcements