cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF642Cdw Scanning Error

hawkman64
Apprentice

I have an ImageClass MF642cdw all-in-one printer connected wirelessly to an iMac running Ventura 13.0.1 OS. When I place my documents in the ADF, I hear the beep but the wheel on the screen turns, and then it tells me there's a scanning error. I've downloaded the latest drivers but it changes nothing. After multiple attempts, it finally pulled the documents in but only scanned about 7 of the 24. Am I missing something?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Hawkman64,

If the MF642Cdw was able to scan 7 pages and then gave you an error, it would usually point to a communication issue. In this situation, you can try unplugging your wireless router for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. once the network is back up, you can try scanning again to see if it works or if it scans more pages. If you continue to have issues, you can try moving the MF642 so it has a better connection to your wireless router.

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666 our agents would be happy to assist.

1. Which specific scanner error do you get and does the error appear on the computer or is it on the display of the printer?
  2. Are you able to scan from any other computers on the network and how are they connected?
Announcements