cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF455dw - Printing Legal and Letter in the same document

stylonotary
Apprentice

I recently purchased the Canon ImageClass MF 455dw printer and the optional second tray to be able to print mixed size documents. I have already spoken to support twice with no success. One of the representatives said that he knows for a fact that this model has the capabilities to do that. This is my 3rd day now trying to get this working. I will need to return this printer if I can't get this resolved which I don't want to do. I even spend almost 2 hours with an Adobe representative because one of the Canon representatives said that it was an Adobe issue only to be told by Adobe that it was a Canon issue. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

4 REPLIES 4

mreg
Contributor

I had a similar issue with a Brother two-tray printer a few years ago, trying to print mixed sizes in one document.  I use a Mac.  The problem was solved by entering into the printer's internal device settings and making sure that the two trays were properly labeled, and then making sure that the printer driver recognized the two trays properly.   

Hi, thanks for your response. I had tried setting the trays to the proper paper size prior. My husband worked on this all day yesterday and managed to get it working. He basically went through all the scripts that were available and tried them all and found that the PS script was the one that worked to be able to print mixed size files. I use Mac and he uses PC and we tried on both and the PS script worked on both. So yes, making sure the trays are set properly, making sure "choose paper source by pdf size" is checked, on the printer properties making sure the setting for "paper source" is on auto, on "finishing" making sure it is set to "1-sided printing" and making sure to use the PS script. That was everything that was done to get the printer to print legal and letter size on the same document. Took us 5 days to figure this out. lol. 

One of the issues is that if you print from Adobe, their Print Function is less capable than it makes itself appear.  I had a lot of ignored "Choose paper by PDF size" printouts through Adobe.  Glad you got things working.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer does support this option.  I don't have a way to test or set it up because both of my devices are single tray.    

Automatically Selecting an Appropriate Paper Source for Each Function - Canon - imageCLASS MF455dw /...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements