cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF455dw How to print from multiple trays simultaneously.

BaBelle
Apprentice

How to set MF455WD printer to automatically sort a printing job that requires both legal size and letter size papers simultaneously from both trays? I'm a signing agent and I need to print forms that have both sizes and I don't want to ask myself which one is going to be printing on legal, which one is going to be printing on letter. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

A print job can only have one single paper source from what I've observed.  The printer cannot print one page 8.5x11 then the second page11x14 and switch back and forth automatically.  Cool idea, but I am not familiar with any printer that does this.  Jobs can use different paper sources, but not individual pages from the same job.  Please let me know if I have misunderstood your question. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello,

what I meant is printing a form of 120 pages that have some pages that required legal size papers and other that required letter sizes papers. Exactly pulling papers from different tray as needed for the printing job I do plan to purchase the legal-size paper tray. I want to use it for loan signing documents. You can see someone explain how he's doing same thing with a different printer in this video start from 5:07 to 5:23. I was told I need a double tray printer to do that. However, there is a lot of complaint about this printer.

Alos, does the printer required to be plugged in in order to scan?

Thanks.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements