cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF455dw Colors are wrong when scanning with Canon MF Scan Utility on macOS

spiky
Apprentice

Hi,

I recently got the all-in-one MF455dw. When trying to scan using Canon MF Scan Utility, the colors are bad compared to what I get with the built-in macOS tool ("Image capture"). I would then use "Image capture" but I cannot select size 4x6 (for scanning photos) anymore when using the automatic loader of the scanner since I've installed the scanner drivers from Canon. So, unless I get colors fixed with Canon MF Scan Utility, I would have to resort to scanning manually (using exposition glass) with "Image Capture" from macOS.

Here's an example. The first photo is the bad one from Canon MF Scan Utility and the second one is the good one from macOS Image Capture tool.

IMG_0006.jpg

test090502-19970101.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello, 

The auto document feeder is designed for scanning documents and does not support high quality image scanning. If you are scanning 4X6 images, I would suggest scanning from the platen glass. If you would like to see all of the image or color options available for scanning, you can check the option to use the scanner driver under the MF scan utility settings. You can use the link HERE to view how to fine tune scans and change settings using the scanner driver. 

For a more immediate resolution or for someone to walk you through the scanning process for your specific version of the Mac OS, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

cyberwasp
Enthusiast

You'd think with today's technology you should be able to get a decent photo from a laser printer.

Announcements