cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF453dw Rosetta 2/Driver question

SR45
Apprentice

My new MacBook Pro M2 requires Rosetta 2 for your printer (MF453dw no Fax) driver software to be installed and working, and I was just wondering if Canon will be updating their software for Mac silicon in the future? Also, I cannot install any firmware updates for this version of Ventura. Is there a workaround?

Thank you 

Ventura 13.2.1

MF453dw 

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you trying to install the drivers dated 3/10/23 from the Canon support site?

Canon Support for imageCLASS MF453dw | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

SR45
Apprentice

Yes, I am trying to download those drivers and they need Rosetta 2. Just wondering why after this long that Canon hasn’t come up with drivers that don’t need Rosetta 2. Thank you for your reply.

Looking to learn - Curious as to why Rosetta is a problem if it allows the driver to be installed.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Rosetta 2 may be dropped at some point by Apple and that was one of my concerns. Not that it doesn’t work. since I cannot install the firmware updates this may or may not have anything to do with it. Unsure.

https://youtu.be/KOjWFHOXAoA    2:20 into video

SR45
Apprentice

Looks as if I can't edit my reply above.  Instead of "ken" above, I meant canon.  🤪

Edit: yes, thank you I know about the V above right. I am now able to edit this thread by using my iPad, but I could not do so with my MacBook Pro. Interesting.

It's under the little "v" button at the top right of the post (above the time stamp):

Stephen_0-1679235780798.png

I fixed it for you. 😉

Announcements