cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF4370dn unable to get support

zahart01
Contributor

very frustrated with canon, I have a 4370dn that went offline when I change my internet service, I have tried downloading the drivers from canon's web site and non of them work. I misplaced the disk that came with the printer and my business depends on the printer. I am at the point that I need to do something like buy a new printer and at this point it will not be canon. The customer service is not conducive to run a business. Before I go out and purchase a new print this time someone that supports the customer any one know where I can get the drives I need to fix my issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

My reference to MAC and Windows was merely to point out that both OS's were still supported which is rather nice for 13 yr old device. 😃

You'll want to use the windows 10 drivers.  

You've indicated your printer is connected to ethernet.  You have a new internet provider and router.  Unfortunately, its not as easy as just plugging the printer into the new router or switch.  The previous configuration your computer believes is valid has likely changed.  Its trying to communicate with the printer using the last known configuration.  This has probably changed.

Please start by downloading the current drivers for Windows 10:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwMTQ5NzA2&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Now click on the Start menu button > open Control Panel > Device and Printers

Look for your canon printer.  Right-Click on it and select remove device from the context menu.  Do this for all instances of the device in case there is more than one.

Now use the back arrow and return to the Control Panel.  Select the Programs and Features heading.  Review the list of installed software and uninstall any Canon Drivers related to the printer.  

*Important* Restart your computer.  Now restart the printer.  Note: By default, the printer is set to accept IP address assignment from the router automatically.  *If* you have changed this setting, (to static or manual) you will need to change it back to (Automatic or DHCP).  If you need to change this back to default, restart the printer again so it gets a IP address from the router.

Assuming your network is properly configured, you are ready to run the installation software.  Run that and follow the prompts.  Upon completion, the printer should be ready for use.  

What could go wrong?  If the printer has a static or reserved IP set, the router may not be able to assign an IP address.  3rd party Antivirus software can cause detection issues during software installation.  Let us know how it goes and we can make other suggestions if needed.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

not resolved

This is what I get when I try to download the file, This issue has cost my business a significant amount of time. I need to get this issue resolved I have a stack of invoices I need to print. Thanks

zahart01_0-1694017638686.png

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Well,  I hope you've seen my reply and will try the Windows 10 drivers I provided a link for.  It's the full installation package for Windows 10.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you so much! This printer has been a workhorse for  our family for years and I recently got a new laptop and was unable to install the printer. Thanks for your link, I was able to get it to work!

Announcements