cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF3010 Ghost images

LindaWoodrow
Apprentice

I have a Canon MF3010 laser printer that has been fabulously reliable for years. But it has started printing ghost images.  I changed the printer cartridge and ran the "Clean the Fixing Unit" program, but the new cartridge is just as bad.  The cartridge is new, in a sealed package, but it has been in the cupboard for a while - could that be the problem?  The cartrididge roller is very streaked with toner. I wiped it, but if I print it comes straight back.  Is it worth trying another new cartridge? Or is my printer had it?

DSCF9275.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello LindaWoodrow,

The issue looks like there is loose toner powder in the printer. In this situation, I would suggest removing all of the toner cartridges and then wiping up any loose toner powder with a damp cloth. After that, you can inspect the toner cartridges for any leaks. If the toner cartridges are fine, you can reload the toner and then perform 2-3 cleanings of the fixing assembly. If you continue to run into issues, it looks like there is something wrong with the hardware. In that situation, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666 or logging into your My Canon account to check your service options.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello LindaWoodrow,

The issue looks like there is loose toner powder in the printer. In this situation, I would suggest removing all of the toner cartridges and then wiping up any loose toner powder with a damp cloth. After that, you can inspect the toner cartridges for any leaks. If the toner cartridges are fine, you can reload the toner and then perform 2-3 cleanings of the fixing assembly. If you continue to run into issues, it looks like there is something wrong with the hardware. In that situation, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666 or logging into your My Canon account to check your service options.

LindaWoodrow
Apprentice

Thank you Hector

Announcements