cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF244dw Parts Misaligned After Paper Jam

mohiaddin
Apprentice

I have an MF244DW since 2017, and it has worked without issue. However, since a few weeks, after my daughter cleared a paper jam, I'm unable to lift the cover to make photo copies, and one side of the printer is raised, and doesn't sit flush with the rest of the body, as seen in the picture. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?MF244DW.jpg.

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It looks like the upper section is mis-aligned. Can you try and lift the whole upper section by putting hand in the large gap or maybe see where the corner that is in the center of the photo is hung up? Looks like the gray piece may need to fit over or in the white/light gray piece.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

mohiaddin
Apprentice

I tried, but couldn't move it in any direction. It prints, but I won't be able to make copies.😒

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Mohiaddin,

It looks like the hinge for the operation panel is damaged or misaligned. In this situation, you can try opening the loading area for the toner using the steps in the link HERE, Once the op is up in step 1, you can try realigning the hinge so it is even. 

If that does not resolve the issue, it looks like the printer needs service. You can contact support at 1-800-652-2666 for further assistance with the issue or to check your service options.

Hello Hector,

Followed your advise, but couldn't move the panel in any direction. Will call the service number, and if service is too expensive, I'll opt for a new machine. Thank you for your help!

What was the verdict on fixing it? Exact same thing seems to have happened to mine.

Found out that instead attempting to fix it, or have it fixed, buying a new machine made more sense, so using this particular unit as a printer, can't copy or scan.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements