cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF242dw not recognized

anglk2001
Apprentice

I bought an imageCLASS MF242dw All-in-One Laser Printer, I been trying to set it up to my computer but my computer do not recognize the printer, i'm using the DVD included in the box, but not luck.  Yesterday I downloaded the Drivers directly from Canon, but no such luck either.  What should I do???

USB cable is in good condition, need help.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

SamanthaW

Hello!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system you are using. 

If this is a time sensitive issue, please check out your support options here: https://canon.us/MyCanonAccount

Thanks!

SamanthaW

OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

If there any issue if my printer goes on Energy Saver mode during recognition???

anglk2001
Apprentice

If there any issue that my printer goes on Energy Saver mode during recognition???

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Anglk2001,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

• What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  • What security software are you using on the computer and was it disabled during the setup?

Panda Security... not disable

Announcements