cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS LBP6030w Printer Not Found During Driver Installation

MRB1
Apprentice

This should be such an easy thing to do, but during the driver installation of a new LBP6030w the boot up tool will not find my printer. I've set up the wireless connection, and tried it using the IP address, USB cable, and general wireless lookup.  It will not find the printer to complete the driver installation.  Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, MRB1!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I’m using Windows 10. The printer is showing up in my settings but as “offline”. I have been able to print using the usb cable but can’t finish installing the driver or use it via Wi-Fi because the boot-up system won’t recognize or find the printer. Not sure if there is some other driver or update I need to install, but I’ve downloaded the most recent version from the Canon website. 

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello MRB1,

If you are trying to use the printer over the network and the install for the LBP6030w UFRII LT Printer Driver, it will point to a network configuration issue or security blocking the connection.

You can try printing a USER DATA list to check the printer's IP address. Once you have the IP address, you can open a web page and try accessing the printer remote user interface. If you are unable to get to the printer's login page. You can try reconnecting the printer to your network. You can try connecting the printer using the setup provided from our site or by using a WPS button on your router.

If you are able to get to the printer's login page, you can try installing the printer driver while your security software/firewalls are turned off. If the setup is still unable to find the printer over your network and complete the setup, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements