cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS D570 paper exit guide

sjdentone
Contributor

I was changing the toner on our D 570 printer and I inadvertently detached the paper exit guide. I can't for the life of me figure out how to reinsert it.  The manual isn't much help as the pictures are very rudimentary.  Any help would be appreciated

7 REPLIES 7

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Sjdentone,

If the paper exit guide was detached I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. The tray is not designed to come off so the agents over the phone can determine if it is broken or what steps might be take to reattach it. If the tray can't be reattached, they can provide any available service options.

I did exactly that and my service rep spent a fair amount of time brainstorming until I stumbled upon the right option

sjdentone
Contributor

We were able to figure out how to reattach it !

Epakinas
Apprentice

Can you explain how you reattached it? I also pulled out the exit guide in a late-night attempt to change the toner, and haven’t been able to figure out how to get it back.

sjdentone
Contributor

I'm paranoid  about removing he toner cartridge again so I'm probably a bit handicapped to give you a more accurate suggestion, but suffice it to say it attaches much higher up then I was attempting to get it in back initially.  If you lead with that idea I think it'll become more obvious.  Good luck!

Epakinas
Apprentice

Well, apparently all it took was getting the question out in public, and I figured it out. 😂 But it was helpful to look at the product guide for clearing jams…and on step 3, after looking at it AGAIN, I oriented myself with the picture of the paper exit guide. And with the forward movement leaving the rollers on the top, i was able to flip it and get it in correctly. Thanks for the quick reply, and I’m glad I got it back in! 

yeah!  Feels pretty good, right?!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements