cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i-sensys mf4010 mfu, windows 10 and scaner

estaf1001
Contributor

Hi all. Recently needed to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. I understand that the phrase "Recently had to upgrade from windows 7" sounds wild, but knowing the problems of canon software with windows 10 and this device (lack of driver updates), have been patient to the end and have not reinstalled the operating system.

Honestly, there is little hope. You have to buy a new Canon device when you update the OS. But, if anyone knows if drivers from other Canon devices (newer) are suitable, I would be very grateful.

The problem itself.
1.Downloading drivers from the official website for this dev: https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/laser/laserbas... and install it.
2. The printer and scanner work fine. api/software object (...gears) are called from any application.
3. After some time (several hours), access to the scanner stops, as if the device was occupied by one of the applications (monopolistically). Turning the device off and on does not help. Restarting the OS and nothing else helps. The problem only appeared under windows 10.

7 REPLIES 7

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hello,

This forum is for support of Canon units sold in North America. The unit listed is not sold in N.A.

Check to see if Canon has a support site in the particular country. 🙂

estaf1001
Contributor

Well, since such a device is not sold in your country, then yes, there was no point in creating a topic.
Please delete it.

I believe that Canon has another help forum for units sold in Europe.

You're saying may very well be true but I just thought that maybe the problem was of a general.
OK.

Arthur

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

My aunt funny)
How you are American american)))

No. all're ok. I found that Iwas mistaken.. ) Thank you for your help and links))

AlexBreengs
Apprentice

Have you tried contacting Canon's customer support to see if they have any suggestions? They may have a solution or know of compatible drivers from other Canon devices that you can use. Another option could be running the software in compatibility mode for Windows 7. This could resolve the issue. If it doesn't, just buy cheap windows 10 key. I hope this helps and that you're able to get your scanner working properly again soon!

Announcements