Did you mean: 

canon mf 8350 cdn scanning

cjon4442
Apprentice

How do I scan from my computer?

8 REPLIES 8

Stephen

Hi cjon4442!

Welcome to the Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Stephan,

I have question. How to set enable ssl on mf8380.I seems cannot find the option. Keep popping error

Hi hafidz.

The SSL setting can be enabled from the control panel of the printer. Please follow the steps below:

1.  Press the [Menu] button.

2.  Scroll to [System Settings], and then press OK.

3.  Scroll to [Security Settings], and then press OK.

4.  Select [Use SSL], and then press OK.

5.  Scroll to [On], and then press OK.

6.  Confirm that the setting has been enabled.

Next, turn the printer off for 10 seconds, and then turn it back on. 

If you run into any issues, or require any further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrice,

I found the SSL enable. But i still having error #806 and fax having #995 error please help

Hi hafidz.

The #806 error indicates that the user name and password are incorrect. Are you attempting to scan to an email address, or are you scanning to a shared folder on the computer? If to an email. which email server are you using?

I look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance with setting, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrice,

I am using gmail. I tried to scan to email. I already set the the smtp port 465 and 587 still having issue. I already upgrade the firmware and driver on the printer. Attached is the information for your reference. I tried both port still have error. I tried all the possibilities. Need help so that i can configure and made these working.email setting.jpgemail setting.jpg

Hi,

Is there any solution and steps that i miss out. Seems there is no reply for a couple of days. I need this printer to scan to the email function works. Your reply is muchly appreciated.

Hi hafidz.

I will have to recommend that you call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).While the forum may be your preferred method of communication, the next steps of troubleshooting will need to be provided by our telephone support group.

Announcements