cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon MF8280CW printer driver not recognized/working on MacBook Air with OS Catalina

New2Canon2022
Apprentice

I inherited a Canon Color Image Class canon MF8280CW printer & have downloaded all the drivers from Canon - but I cannot find the printer when I go into the printer & scanner settings on the Mac. I have tried everything I can think of, upgrading the operating system on my mac, reloading the drivers, restarting the computer - not sure what else to do.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, New2Canon2022!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS you're running on your Mac along with how your printer communicates with your computer (i.e. Wi-Fi or USB). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have the same issue, I have downloaded the MF8280cw printer driver to my new iMac Monterey 12.3 but it cannot be found in the system preference

Hello Charlenechan,

If the printer does not appear in printers and scanners under system preferences, you can try reconnecting the printer to your network using the steps in the link HERE or you can make sure the USB cable is properly connected between the Mac and computer. Once the printer connection has checked/reconnected. Click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners. Once in printers and scanners, you can click the + to pull up the add printer window to select and add the printer.

Announcements