cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Store App

Ragoric
Apprentice

The Windows Store (PC) recommended the Canon Inkjet Print Utility for use with my printer, a MB2320. The app itself is publish by Canon, Inc. but released in 2012. I figured it was a bit old, but what the heck, maybe it works. I installed it and, no surprise, it does not work. It starts up fine, no errors. However, if you select anything it gives you an error stating "A driver supported by this software is not installed." There is no further information provided. The Canon website does not appear to support the windows app, or at least none I was able to find. I did find standalone drivers and software that are classically installed by its own installer.

Is the Windows Store app for Canon products a viable and supported application?

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Ragoric,

The Canon print Inkjet Utility is a Windows store app that helps you perform maintenance. The Utility does not contain the drivers for the printer so it will not, give you options to print your images/documents or perform scans. To use the printer, you would need to download and install the drivers for the MB2320. You can download the setup for the MB2320 from our setup site using the link provided HERE.

The MB2320 is one of our inkjet printers and you can contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our phone team would be happy to assist with your MB2320.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes and no. Yes on the driver issue and No on the functionality of the windows store app. The app does not recognize the driver. It does recognize there is a printer connected, but that's as far as you get.

Announcements