cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 and scanning from a Canon MF624CW

LF_Scanner
Apprentice

I have an old-ish MF624CW printer which works like charm, like it always have.

Recently, I upgraded my PC to Windows 11 from Windows 10. Ever since then, I can't scan directly from the MF624Cw to my PC like I used to.

The MF624Cw can't "find" the PC on the network. I have downloaded and installed (what I believe is) the most recent version of Canon's MF Scan utility, version 1.20.0.2, found here: https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/color-imageclass-mf624cw

If I start the MF utility, I get an error message which reads: "A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. Install it and try again"

I have tried the install process a number of times with various parameters:

-Default install

-Default install using "run as administrator"

-Default install with Windows defender disabled

-Default install with Windows defender disabled using "run as administrator"

The installation itself never seems to occur differently regardless of which of the 4 methods I have used. In all cases I get the same error message as mentioned.

Printing to the printer works fine

Using the toner status tool works fine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello LF_Scanner,

To use the MF scan utility the computer will also need the scangear scanner driver. You can download and install the  imageCLASS MF628Cw/MF624Cw MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear) driver from our support site. Once the install is complete, you can try opening the scan utility to see if it works. You can restart the computer and turn the printer off and on to see if it appears as an option that you can send scans to.

Announcements