cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there a thin vertical line on the copy when I use the feeder?

Ccorning
Apprentice

There is a thin vertical line on copies when I use the feeder but not when I copy from the glass. The copier is new. Any ideas?

22 REPLIES 22

Canon support traced the problem to the toner cartridges.  I was using off-brand toner.  As soon as I switched to Canon toner, the lines disappeared. 

I have a new ImageClass MF 229 dw.  I'm getting a black line on copies of documents coming from paper tray (not scanned or copied) and I'm using Canon toner cartridge.  How do I remedy it...it's irritating!

This appears like you are talking about the glass area vice the feeder...I am having the same issue and have cleaned the feeder and have changed the toner cartridge (which I dont believe is the problem because using the glass area does not give me streaks)...Any assistance with this is appreciated...

Hi, bobocomms!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the printer you have.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

We have a D1320...If you lay the document on the glass I have no lines

but if I use the feeder it does have the lines...

I found the problem...Googled the problem and came up with Slit Glass cleaning...Took a clean rag and some ahchohol and it wiped right clean...

The slit glass is to the left of the platen glass...On the 1320 it is a thin plastic film piece that can be lifted up to clean underneath it...

Thanks for your help...

Your suggestion did the trick! For those who tried this and it did not work, be aware the platen is divided. At first this did not work for me, and then I noticed the platen glass is divided. My smudge was on the left part of the glass. I immediately noticed there was something adhered to the platen. I cleaned this section, and my issue has been resolved. No more black lines down my scanned documents!

Cannon Imageclass MF632Cdw

cindyc_tb
Apprentice

I only have this red line when I scan through the document feeder. I believe when I ran a page through it, some of the red ink from a stamp stuck to a roller or another piece of equipment when  it went through. I can't tell how to take apart the document feeder to clean the rollers or other equipment to remove the red ink inside the document feeder. Are there instructions somewhere?.

Announcements