cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF4570dn Will Not Print

jsmc71
Apprentice

This printer stopped printing/scanning a few years ago when I installed Windows 10.  Now, several laptops later, I decided to try and get it working with my 8 month old laptop. 

I switched Windows out of S mode to Windows Home because the drivers from this site would not install in Windows S mode. Donwloaded and installed both drivers for the MF4570dn from this site.  Windows located the printer, but no test page would print with a generic message "error".  Windows printers troubleshooter's only suggestion was to purge the print que, but cancelling print jobs and retrying had no different result...test page would print.  I tried printing other document types and same generic "error" message.

At this point, I've restarted the laptop, tried removing and adding the printer in every single port in the list and reinstalled the drivers from this site.

I need this printer to start working again.  Please help.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, jsmc71!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It would be helpful if you could give us a better picture of your environment and the installation steps you performed .  

MF4570dn

Windows 10_2004

The printer is connect to what, and how?

USB, ethernet?  

Directly to a USB port on the laptop?

Hub,. switch, etc?

Your user profile has admin permissions?

What software did you install? 

Does "this site" mean you installed drivers from here:

Support | Support Laser Printers - imageCLASS | imageCLASS MF4570dn | Canon USA

Do you have any 3rd party anti-Virus or software installed that might keep the computer from comminicating with the printer?

When installing devices connected by USB, its best to install the drivers first before connecting the new device to the computer.  The installation typically prompts you when to connect the device.  If these steps are performed out of order, its possible that the drivers installed by windows may not be complete or provide full functionality or support for your device.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Printer is connected to the laptop via USB.  The drivers downloaded were from the link you provided (the canon site, drivers for MF4570dn printer).

I had to reset my Windows a few days ago so no new software besides an HP app for my wireless printer and Mcafee.  Besides uninstalling Mcafee, I don't know how to discern if the antivirus is stopping the laptop and MF4570dn from communicating. 

I did have the printer connected to the laptop when I downloaded and installed the drivers I found here on the Canon site, but subsequently disconnected it, removed the MF4570dn located by Windows, reinstalled the drivers and reconnected the printer.

Thanks for your help.  I use to be better at this kind of stuff when I was younger.  Also didn't help that the only error message I ever saw literally only said "error".  

Diliji
Apprentice

Had the same issue but I'm using a mac. Try to download the drivers, instead of adding the printer add the fax- it'll ask you to download the drivers, use the drivers for the MF4700 series. All of sudden mine started printing after that. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements