cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Small Plastic Part Fell off Canon Color Image CLASS MF743Cdw

jadidian
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I found this small plastic piece inside the bottom paper tray of my Image CLASS MF743Cdw printer / scanner; looks like it fell out of its place but I can't figure out where it was attached to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_8866.jpgIMG_8868.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I originally thought this was a retention clip for a door or panel.  Instead, look at the edges of a roller or rod where paper feed or transport takes place.  The end of a roller rod should clip into this.   You may need to look on the underside of the printer above the tray.  Wiggling them with your finger night help find one that is loose or unsecured.  Careful not to tilt the printer too far as this could release toner and make a mess.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

jadidian
Apprentice

Thanks for the clues Rick! I think we found it. I leave these photos here, they might help someone.IMG_8871.jpgIMG_8870.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I originally thought this was a retention clip for a door or panel.  Instead, look at the edges of a roller or rod where paper feed or transport takes place.  The end of a roller rod should clip into this.   You may need to look on the underside of the printer above the tray.  Wiggling them with your finger night help find one that is loose or unsecured.  Careful not to tilt the printer too far as this could release toner and make a mess.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jadidian
Apprentice

Thanks for the clues Rick! I think we found it. I leave these photos here, they might help someone.IMG_8871.jpgIMG_8870.jpg

@jadidian wrote:

Thanks for the clues Rick! I think we found it. I leave these photos here, they might help someone.

👍   You Did!  Good work.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements