cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two minutes after turning On Canon Ir2004 printer is showing offline

msvsafaf
Apprentice

Hello...

We are using Canon IR2004 Black and White printer and we connected it in our LAN, using a LAN cable. Now, this printer is showing a problem. That is, after turning on the printer we can access the printer only for two or three minutes, After that it will go offline. I have checked with another printer with the same LAN cable there is no problem with this LAN cable. Please give a quick Solution

5 REPLIES 5

Porcha
Rising Star

Thanks for posting!

While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you!

If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@msvsafaf wrote:

Hello...

We are using Canon IR2004 Black and White printer and we connected it in our LAN, using a LAN cable. Now, this printer is showing a problem. That is, after turning on the printer we can access the printer only for two or three minutes, After that it will go offline. I have checked with another printer with the same LAN cable there is no problem with this LAN cable. Please give a quick Solution

You connect to your LAN and turn the printert on.  It get's what IP address?

After two minutes, it states offline.  On the printer, a computer, when you look at attached devices in your router??? 

Can you PNG it?

What troubleshooting steps have you performed? You have not provided enough information. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I gave a static IP address for the printer, After Turning on the printer we can access the printer it is showing in the computer , and using the printer IP address we can access the printer settings through the Web browser, but after two or three minutes it will not be available. I have restarted the printer and computer many times , but same problem is showing

Does this behavior occur on other computers connected to the same network?    If only on one computer, is the Print Spooler Service running?

Can you ping the printer after it goes "offline". Are you still able to access its webserver after the 2-3 minutes where printing stops?

Trying to acertain if its the computer, network or printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

cannonmaster
Apprentice

OK, I think I have successfully solved this issue on my network - the resolution is specific to ASUS router.  I would guess similar settings exist on other routers.

Check out this post ( I am copying over so the instructions are not lost) - FOR ASUS ROUTERS ONLY

1. First log into the router’s settings.
  2. Choose Wireless > Professional tab
  3. Make the following changes:
    • Modulation Scheme: Up to MCS 9 (802.11ac)
    • Airtime Fairness: Disable (NOTE: According to one reader, this is the only change that matters, so try this first. Thanks Dan CC!)
    • Multi-User MIMO: Disable (Note that this was already disabled by default for me)
    • Explicit Beamforming: Disable
    • Universal Beamforming (5 GHz only): Disable
  4. Click Apply button.
  5. Each of the Bands (i.e., 2.4GHz and 5GHz) have their own independent set of settings on this page. So, change the Band and repeat Step 3.

This solved pretty much all issues for me. I can print when the printer is sleeping, it wakes up, prints, and goes back to sleep again. Yay!

Announcements