cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toner end of life warnings after two years???

charred_water
Apprentice

I am curious about user's experience with Canon toner cartridges and end of life warnings.

My experience with starter toner cartridges in my MF634 is that Canon generates end of life warnings after two years, even though toner has 20% left.

If I install new toner cartridges (045 for the MF634), will I start receiving end of life warnings after two years even though the toner is not exhausted? Or does this only happen for starter cartridges?

Does the end of life warning depend on when the toner cartridge was manufacturered? I was looking at 045 cartridges on ebay and some of them were manufacturered in 2017 or 2018. 

Why are the cyan toner cartridges more expensive than the yellow or magenta toner cartridges?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Both of my Canon printers are less than 2 yrs old.

I suspect however, any Canon toner might display this warning, not just starter cartdiges.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I guess you'll find out soon enough.

I was hoping to hear from some long time users who might already received the end of life warning.

I hope the starter cartridges are treated differently than normal toner cartridges and that normal cartridges do not receive end of life warnings after only two years. So annoying if true.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements