cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toner dust on cartridge roller, normal or was it used?

Aa13524
Apprentice

346A4E4E-64E8-4753-BC3C-C2E2F8C85D50.jpeg

Is this normal for a new cartridge? Black powder streaks and a silver powder on the edge of the roller. Or was it possibly used or defective?

3 REPLIES 3

Arthur

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What is the exact model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It might be possible for some dust to shift or be released during shipping.  I don't see what you you do from your photo I guess.  In addition, I'll add that Canon doesn't sell used products.  If you have reason to believe you purchased something that was opened previously, return or exchange it.  Ensure you are buying from a reputable source.  Inks and toners purchased from the Canon Store and/or sold by authorized dealers have a warranty.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

D6A5A18E-B460-4AA3-A855-1E29C590ECDE.png

Here is a more close up angle. The black powder streaks are what I’m not sure if is normal or not. Also the silver powder towards the end of the roller. Does the roller normally come completely clean?

I purchased it at an Amazon bins return store, both ends of the box were sealed and it had the canon authenticity sticker on it, so I decided to take the chance for only $7.

It still has the pull tab tape intact and weighs full from what I could research it’s weight should be. So I don’t think it’s used, but the powder streaks have me second guessing it could have been used or maybe got broken? I’d hate for it to go to waste if it hasn’t been used. 

Announcements