cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible color print imageCLASS MF642Cdw

jwhausk
Apprentice

All of a sudden my Color ImageClas MF642Cdw started printing terrible color prints (B/W still print fine).  The color cartridges are between 40 and 60%. 

The yellow is leaking toner, is there a sensor somewhere that might have toner on it that is causing this?

Any instructions somewhere how to deep clean this printer?

I will buy a new set of cartridges if I know for a fact it will resolve the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jwhausk,

If there is loose toner powder in the printer that will usually be what is causing the color issue. If the yellow is leaking, I would suggest removing all of the toner and wiping up any loose toner powder with a damp cloth. Once it is clean you can reload the toner and replace the leaking yellow cartridge. If that does not resolve the issue, it will usually mean the printer needs service. You can use the link HERE to access your MyCanon account and check your available service options.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jwhausk,

If there is loose toner powder in the printer that will usually be what is causing the color issue. If the yellow is leaking, I would suggest removing all of the toner and wiping up any loose toner powder with a damp cloth. Once it is clean you can reload the toner and replace the leaking yellow cartridge. If that does not resolve the issue, it will usually mean the printer needs service. You can use the link HERE to access your MyCanon account and check your available service options.

Thank you Hector! After replacing the toner cartridges and cleaning the leaked toner the best I could. Wala! Great printing restored.

jwhausk
Apprentice

Thank you for you response! I have toner on order I will post here if it fixes the issue.

BillKlemme
Apprentice

Had the same issue last summer. I was using third party cartridges, who promptly sent me 4 new ones (nice of them). These worked good for a while until the cyan started leaking powder recently. I could not run diagnostics or fixes on the printer ("unable to complete xxxx"). Finally figured out that Canon doesn't allow that stuff if you don't use their expensive cartridges. Just purchased the authentic Canon ones and now everything works just fine. We shall see if they last better than the others. 

I have only ever used genuine and yet I cannot run any of those Dx or fixes either. Ridiculous

Announcements