cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner security override help on MF743c

gauchito
Apprentice

I have an MC743C MF743C and have a few documents which I must scan to PDF in full color, yet there is apparently a "yellow dot" security on the original which prevents color copies (B&W works but is not helpful). I've looked through the Web UI settings but don't recognize how to temporarily disable this. Please point me in the right direction. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

SamanthaW

Hi!

Can you please double check your model number?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here.

Thanks! 

Good catch. It is MF743C 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Please provide a photo of the security "dot"

If its actually security dots, as in money, bonds, legal tender and so forth, no, you can't copy them.  You can probably scan them however, and in color.  😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

You can probably scan them however, and in color.  😃

Not possible to scan in color. There should be a means to bypass this (even with currency). For now, I must use a less featured scanner for these documents. Thanks.

Hello Gauchito,

Unfortunately, there is not a setting that you can change to bypass the security setting for currency or secure documents. In this situation, you scan or copy them in black and white for record keeping purposes, but you would not be able to reproduce them in color.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements