cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner does not work

GalinaKurdina
Apprentice

Hi,

Scan in my multifunctional printer Canon ImageClass MF216n does not work after buying a new DELL compuiter. I downloaded and installed  a driver and a patch from CANON website for this printer, but scanner still does not work. I choose scan type on my printer, press Start,  after that press "Confirm destination". Printer displays name of my computer and B&W Scan. I try to choose any, but printer does not let me choose. Printer displays that "An error occured" after several seconds. That's it. What can be done? OS is Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Galina 

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi GalinaKurdina.

So that we can best assist you we will need some more information. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable, or with an Ethernet cable to a router? 

Please open the MF Toolbox program on the computer, and click Save or Document? Do you receive an error? If you do receive an error, what is the exact error message?

I look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements