cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan to Preset Destination - change orientation from touch screen?

mikebk
Apprentice

I have a Canon MF634Cdw multi-function printer. 

Most of my scans go to a single destination. I have added a "Scan to XXXX" entry to the touch screen so I don't need to enter the destination from touch screen each time. Most of the scans use a default set of properties (e.g., Portrait/Landscape, 2 sided originals off/Book/Calendar).

Occasionally, I would like to use the touch screen to change a property for the current scan. I think I have done this in the past but can't seem to do it now. I expected to do this by clicking the "Scan to XXXX" item, using the scrollbar on the touch screen to scroll to the "Original Orientation" line then click on "Original Orientation" line on the left (or maybe the right) side of the line. When I try this, nothing happens when I click on either side of the Orientation line (sometimes it may scroll the list). 

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After receiving the response, I called the 800 number. Apparently you can't change the individual properties from the touch screen.

I duplicated the button and edited the resulting list of properties. I now have 1 button for each combination of properties.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi mikebk.

If you tap Reset (2) to restore the scan settings to the default settings, are you able to change the orientation?

I look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

After receiving the response, I called the 800 number. Apparently you can't change the individual properties from the touch screen.

I duplicated the button and edited the resulting list of properties. I now have 1 button for each combination of properties.

Mike

Announcements