cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re scanning from printer scanner

woffler
Apprentice

Model #MF416DW 

Problem when trying to scan to laptop on net work i get a message on pc that the scanner utility is wrong and not supported 

And when i select the laptop on the priter screen itself it selects it and the moves to the next screen and says select device .

Showing the same device and it will not scan the document,i have downloaded the patch that is available but to no help there ,could someone help me fix this .

And by the way it will scan to the usb drive but thats all , Thank You

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi woffler.

We will need to gather some more information, so that we can best assist you. Please answer the questions below:

1. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable, or wirelessly over the network?

2. If connected wirelessly, is the printer selected in the MF Network Scanner Selector?

A. Click  in the system tray.

B. Select the check box for the machine, and click [OK].

I look forward to your reply. If you require immediate assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The printer is connected by wifi it shows up on the printer screen and i select it ,also if i look down and check the printer in windows bottom of screen it is selected as the cannon with a check mark MF410 series Mac address 80-A5-89-BD-C8-55

Hi Woffler.

Thank you for your reply.

Let's uninstall and reinstall the drivers, patch and IJ Scan Utility. If you have any type of antivirus/ firewall program installed on the computer, please disable it temporarily.  To uninstall the drivers and utility, please follow the steps below:

1. Type Control Panel into the Windows search bar, and then select it from the list.

2. Select [Programs and Features].

3. Select the MF Scan Utility, and then click Uninstall. Follow the prompts to uninstall the software.

4. Select the MF410 Series, and then click Uninstall. Follow the prompts to uninstall the drivers.

5. Access the driver download page, at this [LINK], and then download and reinstall the drivers first.

6. Next, Restart (do not shutdown) the computer.

7. After the computer is back on, download and reinstall the patch and the MF Scan Utility.

Once you have scanned successfully, please enable your security software and try the scan again.

If you still continue to experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A representative will be able to further assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements