cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Printer won't scan

Jen_RSA
Apprentice

I have a Canon MF210, it scanned perfectly for the first 2 months I have had it and then yesterday, it said - not connected to PC.  I have tried rebooting it but nothing helps. 

Please can someone help.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, Jen_RSA!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know whether your printer communicates with your computer via Wi-Fi or USB. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET (5 AM to 5 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and find your country on the map to get local help.

Thanks and have a great day!

HI Danny

My printer is connected via USB.

As I live in South Africa, I will contact your global address if necessary.

atlanticinkjet
Contributor

Assuming you have Windows:
1. Remove the drivers. (See the manual.)
2. Unplug the multifunctional.
3. Reboot.
4. Install the drivers.
5. Reboot.
6. Plug in again.
7. If that doesn't work: it might simply be broken. I wouldn't be surprised.

Advice: in the future, don't buy multifuncionals. Also, don't recommend them to others. Because utlimately, you'll end up paying MORE then you need, because ultimately, the scanner or the printer will break down (or you simply want a printer or scanner with better quality). Then you need to buy a new device and you and up with a device which only works partly.
Also, dedicated printers and scanners generally are of better quality.
Also, multifunctionals in general, are often of lesser quality overall.
And... As you already discovered: they give more troubles with drivers.

Atlantic Inkjet
Announcements