cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing MF653Cdw or MF654Cdw question

Pointseh
Apprentice

Hi all  . I am currently looking at the Canon MF653Cdw and MF654Cdw . information on the specs I've found have the only difference being the 654 having the addition of ADF . One other site I found had the 654 rated with quite a few differences listed . So ,reaching out here hoping someone here can add some clarity to differences between these two , Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Pointseh
Apprentice

https://versus.com/en/canon-color-imageclass-mf653cdw-vs-canon-color-imageclass-mf654cdw 

this is the site with comparison , cant seem to find a site to verify this is accurate

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The MF654Cdw has been discontinued. You can probably still buy one somewhere, but its been replaced by the MF656Cdw. I have a 644 and 656 and both perform well.  I really like the ADF and honestly would not buy a office printer without one.  Its accepts up to 50 sheets and all you have to do is press a few buttons.  Then its in your inbox. Paper capacity, monthly duty cycle, cassette capacity is all identical.  They both use 067 toner.

If you want a smaller footprint and printer that's about 9 lbs lighter without the ADF the 653 is a good buy.  If you want single pass duplex scan (thats both sides of a page) one pass through the ADF, the MF656Cdw is terrific. In addition to the ADF, you do get a broader color gamut (bit depth) buying the MF656Cdw over the 653.  Will you notice? That depends on you.  Higher bit depth does mean more shades of color and more even gradients in your color prints.       

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements