cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with scanning. Using MF toolbox and keep getting computer not communicating with scanner

Ethenia30
Apprentice

I am using the Canon D530 and trying to scan for the first time.  I keep getting an error message of computer is not communicating or connect to scanner.  I am trying to use the MF tool box and remote scanner.  I can print but cannot scan.

7 REPLIES 7

edsternad
Apprentice

Having the same problem.  tried uninstalling and reinstalling the MF toolbox in "Selective Startup Mode".   No difference.  Still says the computer is not communicating with scanner.  Any ideas. 

Unlike the person who tried this and it worked...they said the scanning function worked once. In my case, the scanning function has not worked since i bought a new computer with Windows 8.1.  any suggestions?  or do i need to buy a new printer/scanner/fax?

Thanks,

ed sternad

my printer is a MF-4375d
ed sternad

I meant MF-4350d.

Did you ever get a reply?   I have the same problem.  Using windows 10

Hi edsternad.

May I have you follow the instructions below and verify if this resolves your issue?

1. Open the desktop.

2. Right click on the MF Toolbox icon and click properties.

3. Click the Compatibility tab, then click "Change settings for all users".

4. Put a check next to "Run this program as an administrator", then click Apply and OK.

5. Click OK again on the properties screen.

The MF Toolbox should operate normally for scanning.

Should the error persist, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Ethenia 30.

I will be glad to assist you. 

So that I can best assist you, which operating system is installed on your computer?  Also, what is the exact error message that is displayed when you attempt to scan a document?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

AseemSharma108
Apprentice
I also have the same problem. I bought a new Cannon D530 from amazon - print and copy work just fine, but scanner is not working since day one. My laptop has Windows 8.1. Whenever i open the MF toolbox from my laptop and choose color/black-white scan, it says: "Cannot communicate with the scanner. The cable may be disconnected, or the scanner may be turned off. Check the scanner status and try again. Scanner driver will be terminated." Can someone please help get my scan function kick started or is it a fault with the product and i need to send it back? Please advise
Announcements