cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with printing from new Canon ImageClass MF232w printer

EatAndYeet
Apprentice

Hi, I was setting up a printer for use at home.

I'm using a USB connection to a macOS Sierra 10.12.16. I've installed the recommended and optional drivers from Canon's website here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/black-and-white-laser/ima...

I have no problem with scanning and copying things with the printer, but when I send things to print, it doesn't print. On the printing que, it says that the job is:

Printing - Connected to printer. 

But nothing is happening. What should I do?

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi EatAndYeet.

It is recommended that you delete the printer and add it back to the window. Please follow the steps below:

1.  Please open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.

2.  Once the window is open, select the MF230 Series in the left column, and then click the [-] icon under the printer list to delete the printer.

3.  Click the [+] icon, and then select Add Printer or Scanner.

4.  Select the MF230 Series, and then click the drop-down box for "Use". 

5. Select "Select Software", and then select the MF230 Series from the list of printers. Click OK.

6. Click Add.

Please print a document and verify if you receive the same error. If the issue persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the press release
Announcements