cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with printing from new Canon ImageClass MF232w printer

EatAndYeet
Apprentice

Hi, I was setting up a printer for use at home.

I'm using a USB connection to a macOS Sierra 10.12.16. I've installed the recommended and optional drivers from Canon's website here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/black-and-white-laser/ima...

I have no problem with scanning and copying things with the printer, but when I send things to print, it doesn't print. On the printing que, it says that the job is:

Printing - Connected to printer. 

But nothing is happening. What should I do?

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi EatAndYeet.

It is recommended that you delete the printer and add it back to the window. Please follow the steps below:

1.  Please open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.

2.  Once the window is open, select the MF230 Series in the left column, and then click the [-] icon under the printer list to delete the printer.

3.  Click the [+] icon, and then select Add Printer or Scanner.

4.  Select the MF230 Series, and then click the drop-down box for "Use". 

5. Select "Select Software", and then select the MF230 Series from the list of printers. Click OK.

6. Click Add.

Please print a document and verify if you receive the same error. If the issue persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements