cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with MF632 scanner driver to computer

STOWIN
Apprentice

I'm trying to scanner to my computer with a new MF632 and always get the same message.

"mf scan utility that is supported by the scanner you are using may not be installed on your computer"

But it's installed...

Please help!

17 REPLIES 17

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello STOWIN,

Based on the error message, the MF Scan Utility scanning software provided with your Color imageCLASS MF632Cdw is not installed on your Windows computer.  Is there a Canon folder listed under All Apps or All Programs on your Start menu?  If so, is the MF Scan Utility listed in the Canon folder?  If the MF Scan Utility is not listed in the Canon folder or the Canon folder is not listed under All Apps or All Programs on your Start menu, I suggest you download and install the MF Scan Utility scanning software from the Software section on our web site using the steps at this LINK to restore your ability to scan.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi there.  I"m having this exact same issue.  I have installed all drivers and have reset/turned off both my laptop and the scanner several times to no avail.  I continue to receive the same error message.  Please help

Hi rjrx2.

The MF Scan Utility is a separate download from the drivers. If you are using a Windows computer, please click the Windows Start button, and then select the Canon MF Utilities folder. Is the MF Scan Utility listed in this folder? If not, please click this link to download and install the software:

MF Scan Utiltiy (Windows)

If you are using a Mac computer, please open Applications > Canon MF Utilities. Is the program listed? If not, please click this link to download and install the scanner driver and software:

MF Scanner Driver and Utilities (macOS)

If you have any further questions, or require any assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Downloaded from your link and I am still getting same error message that others are discribing

Hi BeerBilly.

Which version of Windows or macOS are you using? 

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

I have the MF Scan Utility on my PC.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled it mulitple times.  I cannot scan from the printer to my PC nor can i start a scan from my PC.  I can print fine so I know its not a network issue.  I was able to scan fine for the last several months and it quit working a few weeks ago.  Any clue or assistance.

Same problem as the others. Sometimes, pulling the plug and rebooting the printer will let me scan one page, but then the error message 155,0,0 returns. It seems obvious Canon has a coding problem with the Scan Utility that was updated in 2019, but won't admit it. As my machine is now out of expensive toner, it is headed from ebay with a warning. Glad I found out it is junk before investing more in toner!

same here  - get your **bleep** together CANON

fix your utilities software to work with mac catalina 

Suzzz
Apprentice

I have been having this exact issue for weeks.  I have re-installed everying including the scanner driver.  It worked one time and then quit.  Now I am getting a different message:

Cannot communicate with the scanner.
The cable may be disconnected, or the scanner may be turned off.
Check the scanner status and try again
Scanner driver will be terminted.

Code: 155,0,0

The scanner is not off and I can print with no issues.  I just can't scan.  I have tried calling Support and was on hold for 18 minutes yesterday and no one ever answered.  I am very frustrated and need a resolution to this problem.  Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Announcements