cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with MF632 scanner driver to computer

STOWIN
Apprentice

I'm trying to scanner to my computer with a new MF632 and always get the same message.

"mf scan utility that is supported by the scanner you are using may not be installed on your computer"

But it's installed...

Please help!

17 REPLIES 17

I waited a full 58 minutes today to speak with someone and got cut off right after he answered my call.  He had my name and phone number but it's now 30 minutes later and no one has called me back.

I have not been able to scan using the SCAN TO EMAIL method on the printer

it worked just fine up til last month, i upgraded my modem and router, and ever since then

it wont scan to my email - printer is direct connect to my network and prints just fine

ive checked all settings and they are in it and correct as far as my email info and such

i am running IOS mac catalina 10.15.1 which may be the issue too im not sure. it worked good before my mac update to catalina. Is anyone else with this printer getting this problem ?

i do not use software so dont advise me to put software on my computer.

I too, was on hold for well over an hour.and i never spoke to anyone; just cut off. There is no support at Cannon for products. I am going to buy something else. 

Hi Suzzz, DonFL352, and BeerBilly,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experiences calling Canon customer support. I can assure you that your feedback is reaching our ears, and we are actively working to reduce wait times and to improve the customer experience.

The current drivers released for the imageCLASS MF632Cdw on OS 10.15 (Ver. 2.15.1) are beta drivers.  In some cases they will be able to restore printing and scanning to this model on OS 10.15, while in others they may not install correctly.  The fully-functional updated drivers are due either by the end of this month (Nov. 2019), or the first week of December (2019).

Until the fully-updated OS 10.15 drivers are released, I recommend having at least one Mac OS computer of OS 10.9 through 10.14, or a compatible Windows computer, from which the printer may be shared.

If you have any further questions, or require any assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

donFL352
Apprentice

i cant use the software it says 

im on mac catalina 10.15.1

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 5.11.43 PM.png

murfemersed
Apprentice

I have tried on my Windows 10 Pro laptop to install this mysterious MF Scan Utility that doesn't even exist on the downloads page. Now, the setup for the generic driver, the first one on the downloads page for this printer/scanner has a place to select the scanner driver. See images below...

crap-driver.JPG

scanner-driver.JPG

But once you start the installation, nothing really happens and it almost times out and the MF Driver is never listed, and the scan function still doesnt' work. I like to think i'm a bit of a nerd for this stuff, but this is ridiculous. What gives?!!!!!

installing-drivers.JPG

The following is the only way to make the scanner work: You have to download Windows Scan from the Microsoft Store and select your printer/scanner from the dropdown. Now why would a 3rd party free utility work better than your custom software?! this is absolutely ridiculous!!

the only way to scan.JPG

Hello murfemersed.

The MF Scan Utility may be found on the MF632Cdw's Drivers & Downloads page, on the Software tab.

MF632Cdw Software tab 1

MF632Cdw Software tab 2

The directions for using it may be found in the MF Scan Utility Online Manual.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Darius! and thank you for solving this. Marking it as the solution is also evading me. I think we have a serious UX design issue on your website. The 'tab' for software went completely unnoticed to me as it's greyed out and somewhat aligns with the columns of the information in the table below. It's not very indicative of another/hidden content area. Also, shouldn't this be part of the printers driver package on the driver tab? I will concede that it now works and I am scanning without issue. I am a web designer and I couldn't for the life of me realize that the Software tab was a clickable link with downloads. I think some basic styling, or maybe some inline icons would wake these tabs up a bit. Thanks again for your help and have a great day!!

Announcements