cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prints are extremely dark

dlgiacobini
Contributor

I have a canon 7110c color laser printer and It's printing everything way too dark. I also have a brother's that prints perfectly so I know it's not my computer or monitor, which a windows 10 pc.  I saw a post on changing the printer setting to not let it control anything but I checked everywhere and can't find where to do that and I don't know what it is controling. Please help, I'm lost.

Thank you

Dana

1 REPLY 1

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Dana (a.k.a. dlgiacobini),

I understand your Color imageCLASS LBP7110Cw is printing everything dark.  Before we can help, we're going to need a little more information about your situation.  Could you answer a few questions?

(1) Before you added the LBP7110Cw to your computer, did you download and install the Windows 10 drivers from our web site?

(2) What exactly is printed on the labels of the toner cartridges?

(3) What type of paper (e.g. plain, recycled, etc.) is loaded on your LBP7110Cw and what is the paper's weight?

(4) Did you adjust the toner density using steps similar to the instructions below?

1.  Display the setting screen of the printer driver.
 1-1.  Select [Print] from the [File] menu in the application.
 1-2.  Select this printer, and then click [Properties] or [Preferences].

2.  Click the [Quality] tab.

3.  Click [Advanced Settings].

4.  Display the [Toner Density Details] dialog box.

4-1.  Select [Toner Density].
 4-2.  Select [Adjust].
 4-3.  Click [Details].

5.  Adjust the toner density.

5-1.  Adjust the density by dragging the slider of each color horizontally.
 You can also adjust the toner density of each color for each density range.
 5-2.  Click [OK]. Then, the [Advanced Settings] dialog box reappears.
 6.  Click [OK]. Then, the [Quality] sheet reappears. 

7.  Click [OK].

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements