cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing postcards on a Canon MF642C

aysassi
Apprentice

I bought blank postcards to pring images on them.But the printer doesn't have an option for a 4x6 paper size option. What can I do to be able to print on a 4x6 postcard?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer supports thick postcards, supported media weights 16 ~ 53lbs. in the cassette or manual feeder

For postcards I'd try using the the manual feeder and set a custome size.  Then see how it goes.  

Support | Color Laser | Color imageCLASS MF642Cdw | Canon USA

Set custom paper size in manual feeder:

Specifying Paper Size and Type in the Multi-Purpose Tray - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / ...

You can try the main tray, but if the media is thick, it may get curled.  You can try it.

Set custom paper size cassette:

Specifying Paper Size and Type in the Paper Drawer - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743C...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Can you send me step by step instruction on how to do this please?

The links I provided above have step by step instructions with pictures.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello Aysassi,

The steps in the LINK posted above will have the steps on how to set a custom paper size on the printer. If you need help with setting up a custom size on the computer, reply to this message with the specific version of the Mac or Windows operating system on your computer. Once we have that info, we can assist further.

For a more immediate resolution to the issue or for someone to walk you through the process, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

Announcements