cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Gloss on top of Matte Back ground

Graphic3780
Apprentice

New here. I am having problems with our Canon Colorado 1650 printing gloss on top of matte backgrounds. I get about halfway through the second print and then I receive an operator intervention required error. It does not go into specifics on what the error is or why it happened on gives me directions on what I need to do to clear the error. 

Here is the process I have been told to follow.

Give 24" lead before the print on the matte background and then 60" or so on the tailing. With the Matte Background I have the "AAC" set to off. I then cut the material and reload on the number 1 slot. This time I change the "AAC" to enhanced and give the same leading and tailing for the print in the layout preview. I have done a number of prints and out of all of them only actually finished completely. Currently I am just testing the waters with this and have been told this printer is capable of doing this type of print. However, with only about a 6% success rate on this I am beginning to doubt that this printer is actually capable of doing this type of print. I have searched and serched for answers, tutorials and I even reached out to my trainer for this printer and still no luck, no direction, nothing that hits the light switch for the ah ha moment needed to be successful everytime. Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, what did you do to correct it? More importantly, is there anyone that has actually had success printing gloss graphics on a printed matte background?

Thanks in advanced.

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Hi, Graphic3780!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER and Océ series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Announcements