cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Wont Power UP

GD77
Apprentice

I own a canon imageclass mf642cdw and I recently changed out the black toner. I powered down the printer and now it will not power back up. Is there something I can do to get it back on? I havent owned this print for too long so its baffling why it wont power on 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Sorry, but please confirm the power recepticle is working and supplying power to another device. 

It is possible something didn't get installed properly, remove and reseat the black toner.

Ensure all doors and covers are closed securely.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrice
Whiz

Hi GD77.

If you have confirmed that the power cord was able to power another device, and was firmly connected to back of the printer, one other recommendation I can make is to try turning on the printer while the black toner cartridge is removed.

Please verify that the toner cover door is closed when you turn on the printer. If the printer still does not turn on, or reseating the black toner cartridge shuts the machine down again, then we will have to recommend that you call us.

Please call 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements