cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Black & White Scan Quality For Lighter Originals On Canon MF644CDW

bigdawg5
Apprentice

Just purchased ImageClass MF644CDW, and unfortunately the black and white scan quality is very poor when original is not very dark or has contrast on the page. I've played with the contrast setting, but it does not do a good job on items with contrast such as store receipts with barcodes. I have played with adjusting the contrast, but it plugs the barcode or smaller text on the lighter store receipts.

I have an Epson WF-3640 which did a great job in black and white mode of handling these contrast issues on the scan and keeping the file size small. They also had many more 'advanced' settings options for black and white. The Canopn black & white and Scangear settings for black and white mode are almost non existent.

I love everything about the MF644CDW except this problem of poor black & white scanning for lighter/contrasting originals and unfortunately I use it a lot. My only work around has been scanning to greyscale and then the file is much larger.

This sounds similar to another user who received no answer: https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/Canon-MF733-Poor-scan-quality/td-p/260390

Does anyone have the same issue and/or suggestions on how to fix? 

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements