cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper Tray Default

MMMHouston
Apprentice

I have a relatively new Canon ImageclassMF743cdw.  I print from my personal and my work laptop.  Several days ago, I used the multifunction paper tray for the first time to print a legal size letter. Since then, I cannot get the printer to automatically print to the other tray (the one with 8 x11 paper).  It beeps, makes me select the paper tray and then it will print.  This makes me crazy since I hadn't changed any settings on the machine.  I have checked all the settings and Tray 1 (letter) is the default.  What am I missing?  Anyone else have this issue?  I want it to automatically print to Tray 1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi MMMHouston.

First, verify that the paper size is set correctly for the drawer:  https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-3547-zz-SSM-740-enUS/contents/devu-basicope-papers_pset-psize_ptype-p...

Next, ensure the Paper Source options match in the printer's driver (on the computer).  If there is a conflict, the settings on the computer will override the settings on the printer, which may cause the printer to require you to confirm paper settings manually.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi MMMHouston.

First, verify that the paper size is set correctly for the drawer:  https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-3547-zz-SSM-740-enUS/contents/devu-basicope-papers_pset-psize_ptype-p...

Next, ensure the Paper Source options match in the printer's driver (on the computer).  If there is a conflict, the settings on the computer will override the settings on the printer, which may cause the printer to require you to confirm paper settings manually.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This did not work for me.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements